This page provides some information on areas related to the Council’s expenditure, which are released as part of its efforts to facilitate the freedom of information.
More detailed information on the Council’s finances and activities are covered in its annual reports.
What we spend
Annual Report and Accounts
The Council is subject to audit by the Comptroller and Auditor General. The annual accounts are submitted to the Minister for Finance and a copy laid before the Houses of the Oireachtas. The Annual Report and Accounts are published on this website.
Governance Board Member remuneration Non executive Governance Board Member remuneration for attendance at Board meetings, or work as a Board member (where applicable).
- Reporting and Transparency
A schedule of attendance at Council and Committee meetings, including the fees and expenses received by each member, is published in the Annual Report and Accounts (see note 4). Expenses incurred in attending meetings of the Council are refunded in accordance with civil service domestic rates.
- Council Fees. For Council members not employed in the Irish public sector, fees payable are set by the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform: €20,520 for the Chair and €11,970 for the members. Where members, including the Chair, are employed by a body coming within the Irish public sector, no fee is payable directly to the member concerned.
- Compensation for Employer Costs Incurred (Time buy-outs). Due to the time commitment necessary of Council members to fulfil the functions of the Council, in the case of public sector members a time buy-out is in place to compensate their full-time employers for costs incurred due to the absence of their employees on Council business.
Payments or Purchase Orders for goods and services: Details, on a quarterly basis, of payments or purchase orders for goods and services of more than €20,000, if applicable:
Payments over €20,000
Details, on a quarterly basis, of payments for goods and services of more than €20,000, if applicable.
Purchase orders over €20,000
Details, on a quarterly basis, of purchase orders for goods and services of more than €20,000, if applicable
- Purchase Orders 2020 (no purchase orders for more than €20,000 were issued in 2020)
- Purchase Orders 2019 (no purchase orders for more than €20,000 were issued in 2019)
- Purchase Orders 2018 (no purchase orders for more than €20,000 were issued in 2018)
- Purchase Orders 2017 (no purchase orders for more than €20,000 were issued in 2017)
Details of Contracts over €25,000
Public contracts awarded including contract type, contractor, value, award date, duration and brief description (tabular format) over €25k contracts On a quarterly basis, details of public contracts awarded for values over €25,000 (exclusive of VAT) should be published.